- Title: IRAQ: UNITED STATES PATROL CAR ATTACKED
- Date: 24th October 2004
- Summary: (W2) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (OCTOBER 23, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. SLV UNITED STATESMILITARY VEHICLE ON FIRE; SLV TRAFFIC PASSING NEAR BRIDGE 0.52 (U2) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (OCTOBER 23, 2004) (REUTERS) 2. SLV BLACK SMOKE RISING FROM BURNING VEHICLE; SMALL EXPLOSIONS FROM VEHICLE; SLV VEHICLE ON FIRE; SLV TRAFFIC 2.09 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 8th November 2004 12:00
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA3TFA835F9JIPHU43I1JN27KA5
- Story Text: A US patrol car is attacked in Baghdad.
A US military vehicle was attacked and destroyed on
Baghdad's airport road on Saturday (October 23, 2004).
Witnesses say it was hit by a Rocket Propelled Grenade
There was no immediate word on casualties.
Reuters television footage showed flames and smoke
pouring from the Bradley fighting vehicle in the Iraqi
capital's southwestern Baya district. U.S. troops sealed
off the area.
A U.S. military spokesman said he was checking the
The airport road, heavily used by the U.S. military, is
a favourite target for insurgents trying to force foreign
troops out of Iraq and undermine the U.S.-backed interim
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None