- Title: IRAQ: CAR BOMB DETONATES NEAR TO UNITED STATES CONVOY INJURING ONE CIVILIAN
- Date: 24th February 2005
- Summary: (BN07) KIRKUK, IRAQ (FEBRUARY 23, 2005) (REUTERS) 1. SLV SITE OF THE EXPLOSION 0.09 2. SLV DEBRIS OF THE EXPLODED CAR WITH PLUMES OF SMOKE RISING FROM DEBRIS 0.22 3. MV PAN DEBRIS OF CAR SCATTERED ON GROUND 0.40 4. SLV U.S. SOLDIERS NEAR THE SITE 0.50 5. SLV IRAQ NATIONAL GUARD NEAR WRECKAGE OF CAR; CLOSE UP OF WRECKAGE; WIDE SHOT OF SITE/ U.S. SOLDIERS NEAR SITE; SCU WRECKAGE; SLV SITE OF EXPLOSION WITH DEBRIS IN SITE SMOULDERING (7 SHOTS) 1.50 6. SLV POLICEMEN NEAR THE WRECKAGE OF CAR; SLV WRECKAGE 2.17 7. (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) MAJOR HASSAN MUHAMMED DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF OF TOUZ KHURMATOU POLICE STATION SAYING: "At 0815 (0515 GMT) we heard a strong explosion in our area. A car bomb, a taxi, exploded in the main road. Thank God, there was only one wounded civilian who was working nearby" 2.46 SLV WRECKAGE AND INVESTIGATORS AT SCENE 3.20 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 11th March 2005 12:00
- Location: KIRKUK, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA2E6JC2ROFIO7F7HOGRLTGGN2R
- Story Text: A car bomb explodes at a U.S. convoy in Kirkuk,
injuring one civilian.
A suicide bomber detonated his car at a U.S. convoy
in the oil rich city of Kirkuk on Wednesday (February 23, 2005),
injuring one civilian, police said.
"At 0815 (0515gmt) we heard a strong explosion in our
area. A car bomb, a taxi, exploded in the main road. Thank
God, there was only one wounded civilian who was working
nearby," Major Hassan Muhammed, the deputy police chief of
Touz Khurmatou police station, said.
U.S. forces were unable to give immediate reports on
Insurgents often attack U.S. convoys with car and
suicide bombings in a relentless campaign to drive them out
of the country.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None