- Title: IRAQ: UNITED STATES TROOPS BLOCK OFF HIGHWAY AFTER ROADSIDE BOMB EXPLOSION
- Date: 6th December 2003
- Summary: (U2) BAGHDAD, IRAQ (DECEMBER 5, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. SLV SITE WHERE BOMB WENT OFF; SLV TWO U.S. HUMVEES AND IRAQI POLICE CAR ON BRIDGE 0.03 2. SLV SLIGHTLY DAMAGED FENCE NEAR THE SITE WHERE BOMB WENT OFF; SLV U.S. SOLDIERS DEPLOYED ON BRIDGE/ ONLOOKERS; SLV U.S. SOLDIERS BEHIND GUNNERS ON TOP OF THEIR HUMVEES OVER BRIDGE (5 SHOTS) 0.36 3. MV U.S. SOLDIERS LOOKING THROUGH BINOCULARS; SLV U.S. SOLDIER WALKING ON BRIDGE 0.47 4. SLV TWO AMERICANS STANDING NEAR THE BOMB SITE; SLV U.S. SOLDIERS AT SITE; SLV AREA (4 SHOTS) 1.07 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 21st December 2003 12:00
- Location: BAGHDAD, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA35XM64TN9QLQAOWJ9U6NP55HJ
- Story Text: U.S. troops have blocked off a Baghdad highway after
a roadside bomb exploded near a convoy.
U.S. soldiers and Humvees deployed on a bridge in
Baghdad al-Jidida neibourhood of Baghdad on Friday
(December 5), blocking off the road and searching the area.
Witnesses said a bomb planted on the side of the road
went off near a U.S. army humvee. Witnesses added a
damaged humvee was seen towed away by the army.
The bomb caused slight damage to the protective fence
of the bridge. There were no reports on the casualties
The U.S military in Baghdad did not confirm the
On Thursday, a U.S. armored personnel carrier erupted
in flames after hitting a roadside mine in Baghdad,
although it was not immediately clear if it was old
ordnance or recently placed. U.S. forces said no one was
At least 189 U.S. soldiers have been killed in action
since Washington declared major combat over on May 1.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None