- Title: IRAQ: TWENTY UNITED STATES SOLDIERS WOUNDED IN ATTACK
- Date: 7th November 2004
- Summary: (EU) RAMADI , IRAQ ( NOVEMBER 6,2004) (REUTERS) 1. WIDE OF U.S. MILITARY VEHICLES AND U.S. SOLDIERS; SLV SOLDIERS ON ROOF OF BUILDING (2 SHOTS) 0.13 2. HAS U.S. SOLDIERS AND MILITARY VEHICLES PATROLLING THE STREETS OF RAMADI (6 SHOTS) 1.10 3. LV RAMADI AND AUDIO OF GUNFIRE AND EXPLOSIONS; LV SMOKE RISING AND AUDIO OF GUNFIRE 2.06 4. AV F-16 FLYING OVER RAMADI; SMOKES RISING OVER SKYLINE (3 SHOTS) 2.28 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 22nd November 2004 12:00
- Location: RAMADI , IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA24O59QTOPUAI4Q0A5BT298TI6
- Story Text: Twenty U.S. soldiers wounded in an attack the
western Iraqi city of Ramadi.
A U.S. military spokesman said an attack on a U.S.
convoy wounded 20 Marines in Ramadi, 110 km (68 miles) west
of Baghdad on Saturday (November 6, 2004).
Witnesses said that a car exploded near a U.S. military
convoy causing huge number of causalities Smoke could be
seen rising from the eastern side of the city
Hospital staff said at least one Iraqi was killed and
14 wounded in clashes between rebels and U.S. forces in
There is a heavy U.S. troop presence inside the city
which is located in Iraq's Sunni Muslim heartland, where
anti-American sentiment runs high.
U.S. Marines are poised for a full-scale offensive
against Ramadi and the nearby rebel-held city of Falluja to
flush out what they say are foreign militants and Saddam
Hussein loyalists ahead of elections scheduled for January.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None