- Title: GAZA: AT LEAST ONE PERSON KILLED IN ISRAELI AIRSTRIKE ON CAR IN GAZA CITY
- Date: 8th May 2003
- Summary: (W4) GAZA (MAY 8, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. SLV GUNMEN IN AMBULANCE DRIVING BY 0.05 2. WIDE OF PEOPLE GATHERING AROUND BURNT-OUT CAR 0.12 3. TOPSHOT OF CROWD OF THOUSANDS GATHERING AROUND DESTROYED VEHICLE, CHANTING 0.21 4. WIDE/ PULLOUT OF VIEW FROM ABOVE OF CROWD GATHERING AROUND BURNT CAR (2 SHOTS) 0.37 5. MV CROWD AROUND REMAINS OF VEHICLE 0.47 6. SLV MAN CHANTING "ALLUAH AKBAR" (GOD IS GREATEST) 0.53 7. VIEW FROM ABOVE OF BURNT CAR 1..04 8. SLV PEOPLE GATHERING IN STREETS 1.11 9. VARIOUS, OF CROWD AROUND REMAINS OF CAR 1.36 10. SLV PALESTINIAN SECURITY PERSONNEL STANDING AT SITE 1.41 11. SLV PALESTINIAN SECURITY AND CROWD 1.47 12. SLV EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL 1.53 13. SLV PEOPLE RUNNING HOLDING BODY PARTS IN HOSPITAL CORRIDOR 2.06 14. SCU MAN WEEPING 2.18 15. SLV DOCTORS GATHERED AROUND HOSPITAL BED 2.24 16. SLV DOCTORS IN CORRIDORS 2.42 17. WIDE OF EXTERIOR OF HOSPITAL 2.49 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 23rd May 2003 13:00
- Location: GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Reuters ID: LVADLW0DUNB3XRWSQF4GH6DDQEXO
- Story Text: At least one person has been killed in an Israeli
airstrike on a car in Gaza city, Palestinian police said.
Thousands of Palestinians have gathered at the site of the
An Israeli helicopter gunship fired two missiles at a
car in Gaza City on Thursday (May 8), killing at least one
person, Palestinian police sources and witnesses said.
An Israeli security source said the strike, which came two
days before U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell was to arrive
to promote a Middle East peace plan, targeted a member of the
Islamic militant group Hamas.
Palestinian police at the scene said the strike was an
"assassination" but could not immediately identify the victim.
Hamas has claimed responsibility for dozens of suicide
attacks that have killed scores of Israelis since the start of
the 31-month-old uprising for independence.
Israel has carried out similar air strikes targeting
senior Palestinian militants spearheading the revolt.
During a three-day visit, Powell is expected to ask Israel
to ease military restrictions on Palestinians, who will be
asked to crack down on militants, to set the stage for a
resumption of peace talks.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None