- Title: IRAQ: AT LEAST 14 PEOPLE ARE KILLED IN U.S. AIR STRIKE ON FALLUJAH
- Date: 2nd September 2004
- Summary: (W2) FALLUJA, IRAQ (SEPTEMBER 2, 2004) (REUTERS) 1. NIGHT SHOT: LONG OF PEOPLE DIGGING OUT EARTH IN SEARCH OF BODIES 0.08 2. NIGHT SHOT OF RUBBLE CAUSED BY BOMBING 0.16 3. LV: NIGHT SHOT OF PEOPLE AT BOMBED SITE SEARCHING FOR BODIES 0.21 4. HAS: DAY SHOT OF MAN STANDING IN LARGE CRATER CAUSED BY BOMBING 0.30 5. HAS: MAN TAKING OUT DAMAGED THINGS FROM CRATER 0.36 6. VARIOUS OF DAMAGED CARS COVERED WITH DIRT (4 SHOTS) 0.57 7. REMAINS OF BODY / MAN COVERING IT WITH BLANKET 1.06 8. TWO MEN STANDING NEAR BODY REMAINS ON GRASS 1.13 9. VARIOUS OF PEOPLE CARRYING AWAY BODY COVERED WITH BLANKET (2 SHOTS) 1.29 10. MAN STANDING AMONG RUBBLE AND HEAP OF CLOTHS 1.35 11. DATE-PALM TREE KNOCKED DOWN IN BOMBING 1.40 12. PEOPLE STANDING NEAR BOMBED SITE PAN TO SUNRISE 1.48 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 17th September 2004 13:00
- Location: FALLUJA, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA1XRZM2LGRSDAEVF3OUYFSJPZR
- Story Text: At least 14 people were killed in a U.S. air strike
on the restive city of Falluja.
A U.S. air strike on the Iraqi city of Falluja killed at
least 14 people, including a woman and three
children, Iraqi doctors said early Thursday (September 2).
The U.S. military said in a separate statement it had
"conducted a precision attack" on Wednesday (September 1)
evening against two safe houses used by associates of
al-Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in southwest Falluja, a
city in the Sunni triangle west of Baghdad.
Doctors in Falluja confirmed the deaths of 14 people
including three children, one woman and one elderly man.
Earlier on Wednesday Zarqawi associates conducted an
execution in southern Falluja, the U.S. statement said.
"The Zarqawi associates were observed removing a man
from the trunk of a car, executing him, then burying his
body," the statement said. It added that the house
attacked in the air strike was next to fields.
U.S. forces have repeatedly carried out airstrikes in
Falluja, west of Baghdad, since Marines ended a three-week
siege of the city in April aimed at rooting out Sunni
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None