- Title: JORDAN: OIL PIPE-LINE DISRUPTED FRO SECOND TIME IN ONE WEEK.
- Date: 16th September 1971
- Summary: 1. LV men exposing pipeline with crude oil lying on surface in fore-ground 0.05 2. SV Men digging with armed guards watching (2 shots) 0.11 3. SV & CU Men digging and removing oil from beside exposed pipeline (3 shots) 0.43 4. LV & CU Men digging with pumping equipment by the side of trench (4 shots) 0.59 Initials OS/041 OS/047 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 1st October 1971 13:00
- Location: EAST OF UM JMAL VILLAGE, JORDAN, NEAR SYRIAN BORDER
- Country: Jordan
- Reuters ID: LVA4IPTF83EC81G3S7MTI37RD2HB
- Story Text: An oil pipe-line across Jordan and Syria belonging to 'Tapline' the Trans-Arabian Pipeline Company, was being repaired on Wednesday (September 15) after being damaged for the second time in a week by 'an act of sabotage' according to Jordanian officials.
The first incident was north of Kaum Al-Raff village, on the Jordanian-Syrian border, and the second, which broke the pipe-line in two places, was close to the border east of Um Jmal village.
The pipe-line carries Saudi-Arabian oil across Jordan and Syria to a refinery at Sidon, in south Lebanon.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None