- Title: FRANCE: ARAB AND FRENCH OIL LEADERS MEET NEAR PARIS FOR TALKS.
- Date: 4th November 1975
- Summary: 1. GV EXT. Delegates arriving. 0.05 2. GV Palais de Congress. 0.11 3. MV AND SVs Delegates arriving. (4 shots) 0.34 4. MV INT. Audience seated. 0.28 5. SV Delegates arriving on rostrum 0.48 6. SVs Audience. (2 shots) 0.54 7. TILT DOWN AND LV Pierre Desprairies. (2 shots) 1.02 Initials VS 18.05 VS 18.05 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 19th November 1975 12:00
- Location: VERSAILLES, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA9XU7IFWRCKH78Z67ZK9IH8GOM
- Story Text: French and Arab oil leaders met at Versailles on Tuesday (4 November) at the start of two days of talks aimed at increased co-operation between France and the oil producers.
The conference was addressed by members of the French Petroleum Institute (I.F. P.) and the Organisation of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (O.P.A.E.C).
It was opened by M. Pierre Desprairies, president of the sponsoring committee, and president of the administrative council of the French Petroleum Institute.
Doctor Ali Ahmed Attiga, secretary general of the O.P.A.E.C. spoke on behalf of the Arab countries.
Theme of the conference was "Franco-Arab Exchanges and Co-operation."
About 400 delegates attended the conference. They included French Ministers, representatives of French industry, sciences, and bank officials ??? The arab delegates included members of the executive of the O.P.A.E.C, back governors, petrol company presidents and directors of large O.P.A.E.C projects.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None