- Title: IRAQ: PIPELINE CARRYING OIL PRODUCTS HAS CAUGHT FIRE AFTER BLAST
- Date: 9th November 2003
- Summary: (W6) HADAR, 100 KM NORTH OF TIKRIT, IRAQ (NOVEMBER 8, 2003)(REUTERS) 1. SLV PIPELINE ON FIRE (6 SHOTS) 0.36 2. (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) JAFAR ALI, SAYING: "I live here in the Hadar area. Last night we heard an explosion. We came out to find this pipe that links the northern refineries to Turkey on fire." 0.49 3. SLV SMOKE AND FIRE 1.03 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 24th November 2003 12:00
- Location: HADAR, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVA7HEG47HUEQL44TZARJSE0888I
- Story Text: A pipeline carrying oil products has caught fire in Iraq.
A blast set fire to a pipeline carrying oil or oil
products in the Hadar area 100 kilometres north of the
Iraqi city of Tikrit, residents of the district said on
Saturday (November 8).
"Last night we heard an explosion. We came out to find
this pipe that links the northern refineries to Turkey on
fire," local resident Jafar Ali said.
It was not clear whether the section on fire was part
of Iraq's main export pipeline linking the Kirkuk oil
fields to the Turkish port of Ceyhan on the Mediterranean.
Sabotage has prevented the restart of the Kirkuk-Ceyhan
pipeline since the end of the war. Iraqi oil facilities
have been the target of significant sabotage since the
United States declared major combat in the country over on
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None