- Title: IRAQ: FIRE ERUPTS IN AN OIL PIPELINE NEAR BEJI AFTER APPARENT BOMB ATTACK
- Date: 1st November 2003
- Summary: (W3) BEJI,(190 km NORTH OF BAGHDAD), IRAQ (NOVEMBER 1ST, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. VARIOUS OF OIL PIPELINE ON FIRE (4 SHOTS) 0.37 2. CU: FLAMES COMING OUT OF THE PIPELINE 0.41 3. VARIOUS: THICK BLACK SMOKE RISING IN THE SKY FROM THE PIPELINE (3 SHOTS) 1.03 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 16th November 2003 12:00
- Location: BEJI, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Reuters ID: LVADJLWCF9G0EZ7DEEUBSGVUTDEG
- Story Text: An Iraqi oil pipeline erupts in flames after an
apparent bomb attack near Beji, north of Baghdad.
A fire erupted in an oil pipeline near Beji, 190 km
north of Baghdad, in what is believed to be a new sabotage
act on Iraqi oil pipelines.
The fire was noticed early on Saturday (November 1) and
there was no immediate confirmation of the cause of the
Iraq's northern oil pipeline runs to Beji refinery
before it crosses the Turkish borders, ending at Jeihan
export port on the Mediterranean.
Several Iraqi oil installations have been hit by
sabotage attacks since the fall of Baghdad on April 9.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None