- Title: USA: Ferrell, Galifianakis make whistle-stop for "The Campaign"
- Date: 17th July 2012
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALI FORNIA, UNITED STATES (JULY 17, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF WILL FERRELL AND ZACH GALIFIANAKIS WALKING ON TO MOCK DEBATE STAGE
- Embargoed: 1st August 2012 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts
- Reuters ID: LVAEUQQQMVWWNB8YDPD4DUAZ3ZDL
- Story Text: Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis kick off a whistle-stop tour to promote their political comedy, "The Campaign."
Funnymen Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis took to the "Campaign" trail on Tuesday (July 17), bantering about politics to promote their latest politically charged comedy. Ferrell and Galifianakis bounded onto a stage in Los Angeles decked with stars and stripes and debating podiums. The two answered questions about their latest flick, "The Campaign," which pokes fun at politicians and the antics leading up to an election.
The whistle-stop tour got both 'candidates' to purse their lips and attempt their best attention grabbing noise, with mixed results.
Ferrell, who honed his political chops playing President George W. Bush on Saturday Night Live, pointed out what he considered to be a key trait of an electable candidate.
"Diction, proper diction. I take that back, George Bush was elected for eight years, so, he didn't quite have that," said Ferrell. "Normally, proper diction, and tall, you have to be tall."
Galifianakis and Ferrell play opposing political wannabes, rival North Carolina congressional candidates, out to bury each with mud-slinging and back-stabbing, in the summer comedy that takes today's political circus to the next level.
The bumbling pair will battle their way into theaters on August 10.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.