- Title: SWEDEN: TULLINGE: SHAH OF PERSIA VISITS SWEDISH FIGHTER WING.
- Date: 7th April 1960
- Summary: 1. SV Guard of Honour are brushed down 0.05 2. SCU DITTO 0.08 3. LV DITTO 0.12 4. SV Pressmen 0.14 5. SV Shah and King inspect guard 0.18 6. CU Guard 0.21 7. LV Shah inspects "Plane" 0.25 8. CU Rockets under wing 0.28 9. SV PAN..Shah walks to another plane 0.41 10. TV DITTO 0.43 11. LV Seated in plane 0.53 12. CU DITTO 0.57 13. LV PAN..Planes 1.06 Initials PC/V/MR/ES Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA8497T18396IJH9L89JGTPD4I3
- Location: STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Duration: 00:01:07
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: The Shah of Persia - on the second day of his visit to Swede, May 6 - was accompanied by Swedish King Gustav when he visited an ??? Air Force fighter wing at Tullinge, near Stockholm. After inspecting a guard-of-honour the Shah was taken on a tour of inspection of the aerodrome.
Later, the Shah pressed a button sending eight British built Hawker Hunter aircraft into the air within two minutes. Then he sat in the Swedish "Draken" jet-plane and was shown the controls.
It was the Shah's long-arranged Swedish visit that prevented the Swedish royal Family from attending the marriage of Britain's Princess Margaret to Mr. Antony Armstrong-Jones in London, May 6. Queen Farah Diba, who is expecting a baby, did not accompany the shah on his three-week tour of Europe.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:22nd April 1960 13:00