LEBANON: VILLAGERS OF KFAR SHOUBA, BATTERED DURING RECENT FIGHTING, RETURN TO SALVAGE POSSESSIONS DURING BRIEF...
- Title: LEBANON: VILLAGERS OF KFAR SHOUBA, BATTERED DURING RECENT FIGHTING, RETURN TO SALVAGE POSSESSIONS DURING BRIEF TRUCE.
- Date: 3rd February 1975
- Summary: 1. GV Kfar Shouba 0.06 2. GV & CU Villagers loading belongings onto car and leaving (3 shots) 0.29 3. GV Damage to mosque tower 0.34 4. GV Bullet holes in wall and burnt out vehicle (3 shots) 0.46 5. GV Marjayoun hospital 0.51 6. CU Wounded in hospital (3 shots) 1.09 Initials BB/1716 TH/AH/BB/1725 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA71YYE7E868W1OP37156F34LT9
- Location: KFAR SHOUBA, LEBANON
- Country: Lebanon
- Duration: 00:01:10
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Lebanese villagers, displaced from their homes by fighting on the border with Israel, returned on Sunday (2 February) under a five-day ceasefire arranged by the United Nations.
There were reports that the truce had boon agreed to unable the Lebanese Government to inspect damage caused to the village of Kfar Shouba during recent fighting there.
Kfar Shouba, two miles (3 kms) from the Israeli border, was almost destroyed during fighting last month between the Israelis and Palestinian guerrillas.
The truce enabled come of the 2,500 villagers who fled from Kfar Shouba to salvage a few more of their possessions -- these not destroyed in the fighting. But for two of the villagers it was a tragic return. They were wounded as a mine exploded while they were trying to see their home again.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:18th February 1975 12:00