- Title: CAMBODIA: CAMBODIANS FIGHT THEIR WAY UP THE MEKONG
- Date: 21st February 1971
- Summary: 1. GV building on fire (2 shots) 0.11 2. aerial view OVIO observer plane overhead firing (2 shots) 0.29 3. LV bomb exploding cattle running down road 0.37 4. CY PAN soldier along road 0.46 5. SV refugees crossing field 1.01 6. GV refugees in village (3 shots) 1.15 7. SCU General In Tam talking to Lt. Col. Fernandez 1.18 8. CU PAN General Tam with refugees 1.28 9. SV refugees 1.31 10. SV troops move out of bush on to road with General Tam looking on (4 shots) 1.52 Initials PS/1748 PS/1811 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA7DYNMY2ZQPOZD38JVEFBVTRSU
- Location: CHAMCAR SAMSOEP, CAMBODIA
- Country: Cambodia
- Duration: 00:01:53
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Cambodian troops under Lt. Col. Jan Fernandez fought their way up the west bank of the Mekong River to free a six mile chain of villages from Viet-Cong occupation.
They found most of the villages burning as they entered them. Nearly all of the villagers are now refugees.
Lt. Col Fernandez said that one Cambodian soldier was killed and eight wounded in the operation along the Mekong; three Viet-Cong were killed, he said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:8th March 1971 13:00