TURKEY: ALLIED FIGHTER PLANES AT INCIRLIK AIRBASE PREPARE AGAINST BUILD-UP OF IRAQI TROOPS NEAR KUWAIT
- Title: TURKEY: ALLIED FIGHTER PLANES AT INCIRLIK AIRBASE PREPARE AGAINST BUILD-UP OF IRAQI TROOPS NEAR KUWAIT
- Date: 9th October 1994
- Summary: INCIRLIK, TURKEY (OCTOBER 8, 1994) 1. 2. GV CARGO PLANE TAKES OFF FORM INCIRLIK AIRBASE 0.13 3. LV/PAN F-15 AIRCRAFT TAKES OFF 0.35 4. SLV F-16 AIRCRAFT TAXIING/GV TAKES OFF (2 SHOTS) 0.52 5. GV PANS C-130 CARGO PLANE TAXIING 0.57 6. SLV PANS F-16 AIRCRAFT LANDING 1.10 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVAB86RWAILXLQ0K3N5M4J1RMB8N
- Location: INCIRLIK, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Duration: 00:01:10
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Allied fighter planes carried out manoeuvres at Incirlik air base in Turkey on Sunday (October 9) as the United States announced it was increasing the number of its warplanes in the Gulf region in response to a build-up of Iraqi forces along the Kuwait border.
At least 50 United States, British and French planes are based at Incirlik in southern Turkey. They include fighter planes, Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) radar planes and refuelling planes.
The planes fly daily missions over the no-fly zone north of the 36th parallel to deter any Iraqi attack on Kurds.
The no-fly zone was set up in 1991 to protect Kurds from any Iraqi attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:24th October 1994 12:00