- Title: YUGOSLAVIA: BOSNIAN SERB FORCES PREPARE FOR A FIGHT NEAR DUBROVNIC
- Date: 21st August 1995
- Summary: DEBELI BRIJEG BORDER CROSSING, NEAR HERCEG NOVI, MONTENEGRO, YUGOSLAVIA (AUGUST 21, 1995) (REUTERS TELEVISION - ACCESS ALL) 1. LV/SLV BORDER CROSSING BETWEEN YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF MONTENEGRO AND CROATIA / YUGOSLAV BORDER GUARDS / YUGOSLAV FLAG (3 SHOTS) 0.15 2. LV/SV CROATIAN FLAG/CROAT BORDER GUARDS IN HUT / SIGN READING 'REPUBLIC OF CROATIA' (3 SHOTS) 0.29 3. LV EXT CROATIAN BUNKERS (2 SHOTS) 0.38 4. SV HEAD OF SECURITY SERVICE IN HERCEG NOVI, GORAN ZUGIC, SAYING THERE HAS BEEN NO BUILD-UP OF TROOPS ALONG THE BORDER (SERBO-CROAT) 0.59 5. SV YUGOSLAV GUARD CLOSING GATE 1.08 6. SV SIGN READING 'FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF YUGOSLAVIA' 1.12 7. LV/SLV YUGOSLAV BORDER GUARDS LOOKING ACROSS BORDER AREA (2 SHOTS) 1.21 8. SV GUARDS MARCHING AND LOOKING OUT OF OBSERVATION POST (2 SHOTS) 1.33 9. GV/LV VIEWS OVER HERCEG NOVI (2 SHOTS) 1.43 10.GV CROATIAN ISLAND OF MOLUNAT SEEN IN DISTANCE 1.48 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVADR8307BAPSBT1V0I4F0ESWZT8
- Location: DEBELI BRIJEG, MONTENEGRO-CROATIA BORDER, YUGOSLAVIA
- Country: Yugoslavia
- Duration: 00:01:51
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Yugoslav sources said on Monday (August 21) Bosnian Serb forces have reinforced and dug in for a fight in the hills above Croatia's Adriatic port of Dubrovnik.
Officials reported huge build-ups of Croatian and Bosnian Serb forces from vantage points in the south of the Yugoslav republic of Montenegro near Dubrovnic.
Croatia has threatened to attack Serb forces in the town of Trebinje 15 km (nine miles) inland to push artillery out of range of Dubrovnik.
The Head of the central security service in in the Montenegran town of Herceg Novi, close to the Debeli Brijeg border crossing between Montenegro and Croatia, said the strength of the Yugoslav army was well known, which was why Croatia had not strengthened its troop numbers in the area.
"They know they have no chance", Goran Zugic said.
Yugoslav and Croat border guards could be seen carrying out their normal duties on either side of the border.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:5th September 1995 13:00