- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA: SERB AND CROAT FORCES FIGHT BATTLES
- Date: 1st December 1994
- Summary: VILLAGES OF KAZANCI AND CRNI LUG NEAR BOSANSKO GRAHOVO, WEST BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA (DECEMBER 1, 1994) (REUTERS TELEVISION - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV KAZANCI VILLAGE - SOUNDS OF DETONATIONS (2 SHOTS) 0.11 2. SV BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS ARRIVING AT THE FRONTLINE 0.21 3. SLV PEOPLE IN KAZANCI VILLAGE 0.31 5. BOSNIAN SERB ARMY SOLDIERS WALKING (5 SHOTS) 1.09 6. GV VALLEY 1.12 7. SLV PEOPLE IN KAZANCI VILLAGE WALKING 1.15 8. SV VARIOUS OF REFUGEES IN CRNI LUG VILLAGE SCHOOL - CHILDREN, WOMEN, OLD PEOPLE SETTLED IN THE SCHOOL (4 SHOTS) 1.36 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA8P4XDKR1GLZKZOKROHWOWKN38
- Location: VILLAGES OF KAZANCI AND CRNI LUG, NEAR BOSANSKO GRAHOVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Duration: 00:01:35
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Serb and Croat forces fought pitched battles on Thursday (December 1), opening a new front on a plain halfway between the Adriatic port of Split and Serb-besieged Bihac, eyewitnesses said.
The Bosnian Serb army reported six people killed, including two women, 18 wounded, and 13 missing in the fighting, which involved heavy artillery and multiple rocket launchers around four villages below the Livanjsko plain near the Croatian border.
A Reuters Television crew in the area said fighting erupted on Wednesday after two years of total calm in the region.
Croats had moved from the direction of Livno and managed to break through and push the front lines forward by about 1.5 km (one mile), Serb sources said.
Thursday's fighting apparently involved Bosnian and Krajina Serbs against both Bosnian Croat and regular Croatian troops.
Shelling of four Serb villages, Caprazlije, Provo, Sojkovic and Kazanci, started at 0200 gmt on Thursday and continued into the afternoon.
The opening artillery barrage was followed by a Croat infantry assault at dawn, the Bosnian Serb army command in the area said.
Serb forces sent infantry reinforcements to prevent a breakthrough by Croatian infantry.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:16th December 1994 12:00