- Title: ISRAEL / LEBANON: HIZBOLLAH FIGHTERS WOUND TWO ISRALI SOLDIERS
- Date: 19th September 1995
- Summary: ISRAELI-LEBANESE BORDER (SEPTEMBER 19, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV AREA WHERE ATTACK TOOK PLACE (2 SHOTS) 0.15 2. SLV WOUNDED ISRAELI SOLDIER GETTING TREATMENT IN FIELD 0.29 3. SV WOUNDED ISRAELI SOLDIER BEING PUT ONTO AMBULANCE 0.41 4. SLV/SV ISRAELI SOLDIERS AT SCENE (4 SHOTS) 1.04 5. TRACK/LV AMBULANCE DRIVES OFF (2 SHOTS) 1.26 6. SV BLOODSTAINED BANDAGE ON GROUND / PAN TO ISRAELI SOLDIERS 1.36 7. LV HELICOPTER IN AIR 1.43 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA27WVGGWO8J2RDV5I0HCZ07Y60
- Location: UNDISCLOSED LOCATION, ISRAELI-LEBANESE BORDER
- Country: Lebanon
- Duration: 00:01:45
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Two Israeli soldiers were wounded on Tuesday (September 19) when Hizbollah (Party of God) fighters shelled an Israeli post at at Taibeh, in south Lebanon.
Israeli helicopters strafed the area of the attack and guerrilla-held regions north of the border buffer zone. Hizbollah gunners returned fire with anti-aircraft weapons.
Also on Tuesday, pro-Israeli militia sources said guerrilla shells rained down on the patrol as it passed near Qantara village on the edge of Israel's south Lebanon occupation zone. There was no report of casualties, they added.
Israeli artillery gunners responded to the guerrilla bombardment, the sources said.
In Beirut, the pro-Iranian Hizbollah, which launches attacks almost daily against the Israeli-held zone, admitted responsibility for an assault against an Israeli patrol in the border buffer zone.
Hizbollah also said in a statement that its militant fighters set off a bomb as an Israeli foot patrol passed between Oudaiseh and Rub Tlateen villages near the Lebanon-Israel border, causing several casualties.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:4th October 1995 13:00