BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA : HEAVY FIGHTING CONTINUES BETWEEN THE BOSNIANS AND BOSNIAN-SERBS
- Title: BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA : HEAVY FIGHTING CONTINUES BETWEEN THE BOSNIANS AND BOSNIAN-SERBS
- Date: 21st April 1995
- Summary: GRABEZ PLATEAU, 5 KM EAST OF BIHAC, BOSNIA- HERZEGOVINA (APRIL 21, 1995) 1. GV BIHAC TOWN (2 SHOTS) 0.10 2. SV BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS WITH GUNS ON HILL (3 SHOTS) 0.26 3. SV SOLDIERS WALKING THROUGH THE FOREST (2 SHOTS) 0.35 4. SV FRONTLINE POSITIONS 0.47 5. SV SOLDIERS LOADING GUNS 0.54 6. SV BOSNIAN SERB SOLDIERS FIRING ROCKET LAUNCHER, MACHINEGUNS AND AUTOMATIC RIFLES (6 SHOTS) 1.48 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVACYU3VGODAXBA5JF06NLE27LH
- Location: GRABEZ PLATEAU, 5 KM EAST OF BIHAC, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Duration: 00:01:49
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Heavy fighting continued in Bosnia-Herzegovina on Friday (April 21) on Grabez plateau, five kilometres (three miles) east of Bihac town, between the Bosnian Government's Fifth corps and the Bosnian Serb (BSA) Second Krajina corps, BSA sources said.
A United Nations mediated ceasefire, due to last four months, took effect on January 1 but has been unravelling in the absence of follow-up peace talks. These have been thwarted by the Serbs' refusal to yield some of the 70 percent of Bosnia under their control.
The United Nations has designated Bihac town, on the enclave's southern edge, as a safe area eligible for protection by U.N.
soldiers based there and NATO warplanes patrolling overhead.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:6th May 1995 13:00