AT SEA: FIGHTER PLANES ON THE U.S.S. EISENHOWER, AIRCRAFT CARRIER CONTINUE TO PATROL THE ADRIATIC ON NATO...
- Title: AT SEA: FIGHTER PLANES ON THE U.S.S. EISENHOWER, AIRCRAFT CARRIER CONTINUE TO PATROL THE ADRIATIC ON NATO "DENY FLIGHT" MISSIONS
- Date: 18th December 1994
- Summary: AT SEA (ADRIATIC) (DECEMBER 18 - 20; 1994) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GVS UNITED STATES FIGHTER AIRCRAFT LANDING ON THE DECK OF THE USS EISENHOWER 0.13 2. CU PILOT IN COCKPIT 0.16 3. GV CREWMAN SIGNING DIRECTIONS TO PILOT 0.19 4. GV FIGHTER AIRCRAFT LANDING 0.30 5. GV/CU AIRCRAFT TAXIING / PILOT IN COCKPIT 0.40 6. VARIOUS VIEWS OF COMBAT CONTROL CENTRE INSIDE SHIP 0.59 7. GVS AIRCRAFT TAKING OFF 1.08 8. SV CREWMAN SIGNALING TO PILOT 1.13 9. GVS AIRCRAFT PREPARING TO TAKE OFF 1.27 10. REAR VIEW AIRCRAFT TAKING OFF 1.38 11. AERIAL OF USS EISENHOWER 1.45 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVA8JSTLUBW3DPRWSI2HAYFBJZEP
- Location: AT SEA (ADRIATIC)
- Country: AT SEA
- Duration: 00:01:45
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: Military chiefs ended a two-day meeting in the Hague on Tuesday (December 20) with a bid to repair a shattered United Nations (U.N.) mission in Bosnia.
North Atlantic Treaty Orgnaisation (NATO) resolve to stay and bolster the operation seems as firm as ever.
Fighter planes from the Sixth fleet's USS Eisenhower in the Adriatic continue to impose NATO operation Deny Flight launching patrol missions.
Speaking at the Hague on Tuesday Russian representative Vitaly Churkin said the military chiefs had considered several detailed plans for improving UNPROFOR's (U.N. Protection Force) operations including opening of an aid corridor from the Adriatic to Sarajevo.
He added that all NATO states were agreed on the need to stay as long as possible.
NATO defence ministers summoned the chiefs of staff with personnel in Bosnia, after endorsing contingency plans to pull out the peacekeepers in the event of a final collapse of the mission.
Washington agreed to send forces to help cover any withdrawal, calming jittery nerves in European capitals and increasing pressure to put pullout talk on the back burner.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:2nd January 1995 12:00