- Title: COLOMBIA: AT LEAST NINE DIE IN GUNFIGHT BETWEEN FARC REBELS AND GOVERNMENT TROOPS
- Date: 10th October 1997
- Summary: PUERTO RICO, COLOMBIA. (OCTOBER 10, 1997) (RTV--ACCESS ALL) 1. SV INJURED SOLDIERS RUNNING TO HELICOPTER 0.06 2. SV INJURED GUERRILLA MEMBER BEING LED TO HELICOPTER 0.14 3. SV SOLDIERS LOOKING OVER DEAD BODIES OF GUERRILLAS (4 SHOTS) 0.37 4. SLV DEAD GUERRILLAS 0.40 5. MCU SOLDIERS 0.44 6. SLV DEAD BODIES, SOLDIERS IN BACKGROUND SORTING THROUGH SEIZED MATERIALS (3 SHOTS) 1.00 7. CU SEIZED DOCUMENTS 1.06 8. SLV SOLDIERS COVERING BODIES WITH SHEET 1.11 9. CU SEIZED WEAPON 1.17 10. SLV SOLDIERS LOOKING AT WEAPONS 1.23 Initials P2 S3 Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVACVFCEF2NPMKC5E8G4XFODP36O
- Location: PUERTO RICO, COLOMBIA
- Country: Colombia LATIN AMERICA
- Duration: 00:01:24
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: At least nine people, including six leftist rebels, have been killed in the latest round of political fighting in Colombia.
The six Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) rebels are reported to have died in a gunfight with troops as they attempted to raid Puerto Rico, a small town in eastern Meta province.
The FARC and smaller National Liberation Army (ELN) have stepped up attacks in the run-up to nationwide elections for mayors, governors and town councilors to be held on Oct. 26.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:25th October 1997 13:00