- Title: Unknown: phnompenh- govt troop fight-back besieged village at hw-4
- Date: 8th July 1973
- Summary: general norodom chantarang say onspot with soldiers, hw-4 sitrep, troops along hw-4, totally destroyed prey phdau village, cu sign of kirirom province, pacification zone of 13 brigade community development centre, this centre run by general norodom chantarang say. Initials note to rised, first 50 ft for hongkong office, pls have it send to hongkong for phnompenh foodstuff roundup sitrep. tks. ALSO MARKET OF PREY PHDAU VILLAGE Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVABXXCKW6T28DYD7P9Y581VH40Y
- Location: prey phdau village, 36km sw of phnompenh, kampong spoe province.
- Country: Cambodia
- Duration: 00:02:03
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None
- Story Text: july 8 1973 - sunday at 0830, govt troops ki fight-back the besieged village of prey ??? village, 36km ??? of ??? at ???, kampong p??? ???vince, the village was occupied by v??? since july 4 1973.
The commander-in-chief of fank, It general sosten yesterday visited kampong spoe province, only 12km away from the besieged village and asked soldiers to counter-attacked to prey phdau village no matter at what prices.
the commander from 13 brigade of kampong spoe province, general norodom chantarang say was onspot to conduct soldiers, general norodom chantarang say, elder cousin of sihanouk, he is the famous general at the fank.
more than 1,000 refugees escaped from their hometown during the passed few days, and now onway to return.
the by-4 lineup phnompenh and kampong soam, kampong soam at the sw of cambodia, the biggest port in this country.
highway 4 still not open for convoy, but is believed convoy will come within few days.
we sneak-in highway 4 this morning, and the general was so surprised.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:23rd July 1973 13:00