IRAQ: Bus crash kills at least seven Pakistani pilgrims, injures twenty two othersRecord ID: 382142
- Title: IRAQ: Bus crash kills at least seven Pakistani pilgrims, injures twenty two others
- Date: 28th April 2011
- Summary: ANBAR CITY, IRAQ (APRIL 27, 2011) (REUTERS) OVERTURNED BUS ON DESERT ROAD OVERTURNED BUS AND SCATTERED DEBRIS VARIOUS SCATTERED BELONGINGS AND DEBRIS BLOOD STAIN ON GROUND IRAQI SOLDIER LOOKING AT SCATTERED BELONGINGS AND DEBRIS DEBRIS IRAQI SOLDIER NEAR THE OVERTURNED BUS OVERTURNED BUS INTERIOR OF THE OVERTURNED BUS IRAQI SOLDIER LOOKING INTO BUS IRAQI ARMY VEHICLE BESIDE THE OVERTURNED BUS ANBAR CITY, IRAQ (APRIL 26, 2011) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF FORENSIC MEDICINE SIGN READING 'FORENSIC MEDICINE' VARIOUS OF MEDICAL OFFICER MOVING BODY INSIDE MORTUARY BAG INJURED PEOPLE LYING IN HOSPITAL BEDS RELATIVES BESIDE INJURED PEOPLE INSIDE HOSPITAL WARD INJURED WOMAN LYING IN HOSPITAL BED INJURED MAN LYING IN BED RELATIVES OUTSIDE HOSPITAL WARD
- Reuters ID: LVACIRZWFCO6UKGR2VTKVY9SGR9Y
- Location: Iraq, Iraq
- Country: Iraq
- Duration: 00:01:44
- Topics: Disasters / Accidents / Natural catastrophes
- Story Text: At least seven Pakistani pilgrims were killed and 22 others injured, including Iranians when a bus overturned near the western Iraqi city of Anbar on Tuesday (April 26), police sources said.
They said that the accident occurred on a desert road near the Iraqi-Syrian borders and the victims were taken to Anbar hospital.
Anbar is a vast province covering much of western Iraq and includes the cities of Fallujah and Ramadi, which have been infiltrated by insurgents and where there has been near constant fighting since the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:13th May 2011 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None