BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA: One child killed and 25 injured in bus accident near village of ZljeboviRecord ID: 382151
- Title: BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA: One child killed and 25 injured in bus accident near village of Zljebovi
- Date: 9th March 2009
- Summary: ZJEBOVI, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA (MARCH 8, 2009) (REUTERS) POLICE CAR NEAR SITE OF ACCIDENT VARIOUS OF DAMAGED BUS (6 SHOTS) PLACE WHERE BUS SKIDDED OFF THE ROAD BROKEN WINDSHIELD OF BUS / DEBRIS TWO BUS SEATS THROWN FROM BUS PART OF SEAT IN SNOW BUS SPEED RECORDINGS ON GROUND SARAJEVO, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA (MARCH 8, 2009) (REUTERS) PEOPLE AND MEDICAL STAFF STANDING IN FRONT OF HOSPITAL IN EAST SARAJEVO (SOUNDBITE) (Serbian) SINISA ZUBIC, GENERAL MANAGER OF KASINDO HOSPITAL, SAYING: "Out of 34 patients we've admitted today seven patients are staying here in Kasindo hospital. Four patients are in the surgical ward and three in intensive care. The most important thing is that none of them are in a life-threatening condition and none of their injuries are life threatening." RAMIZ BASIC, AMBASSADOR OF MONTENEGRO IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, TALKING TO MAN WHO'S WIFE AND DAUGHTER WERE INJURED IN ACCIDENT (SOUNDBITE) (Montenegrin) RAMIZ BASIC, MONTENEGRIN AMBASSADOR IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, SAYING: "The children involved in the accident are from Niksic, Podgorica and Danilovgrad. The bus turned over on the road between Sokolac and Han Pijesak and regretfully one person was killed. She was a student from Niksic but we cannot give out her identity yet." (SOUNDBITE) (Montenegrin) MIJO JOKIC, RELATIVE OF INJURED SAYING: "I have visited my wife, daughter and my brother's daughter. My daughter is in intensive care and my wife is in the surgical ward. The injuries are visible but not life threatening and I hope they will recover soon." VARIOUS OF DEBRIS AT ACCIDENT SITE (3 SHOTS)
- Reuters ID: LVA2HJXMK5Z207SNBO74SQDZUPF9
- Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Duration: 00:02:44
- Topics: International Relations,Disasters / Accidents / Natural catastrophes
- Story Text: One child was killed and 25 other passengers, mostly teenagers, injured early on Sunday (March 8) when a bus carrying 52 passengers from Montenegro slid off the road in north-eastern Bosnia.
Injured were taken to nearby hospitals in Sokolac and Sarajevo. Sinisa Zubic, general manager of Kasindo hospital in Sarajevo said three people were in intensive care but their condition was not life threatening.
The bus skidded off the road and turned over near the Bosnian village of Zljebovi. Passengers were heading back to Montenegro from the Bosnian town of Bijeljina where the children on board had taken part in a dance competition.
Ramiz Basic, Montenegrin Ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina visited the injured in hospital and said that one child was killed in the accident,
"The children involved in the accident are from Niksic, Podgorica and Danilovgrad. The bus turned over on the road between Sokolac and Han Pijesak and regretfully one person was killed. She was a student from Niksic but we cannot give out her identity yet," he said.
The cause of the accident is yet to be determined.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:24th March 2009 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None