- Title: CONGO: At least 14 dead in plane crash
- Date: 23rd March 2011
- Summary: POINTE NOIRE, REPUBLIC OF CONGO (MARCH 22, 2011) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) AIRCRAFT LOSING CONTROL AND ALTITUDE / AIRCRAFT CRASHING INTO RESIDENTIAL AREA SMOKE BILLOWING / CROWD NEAR SCENE FIRE BRIGADE ARRIVING AT SCENE FIRE BURNING AND SMOKE BILLOWING / MAN STANDING NEAR SCENE MORE OF FIRE BRIGADE ARRIVING SMOKE BILLOWING EMERGENCY PERSONNEL PULLING OUT SURVIVING PASSENGERS WATER BEING SPRAYED AT SCENE OF CRASH / SMOKE BILLOWING MAN STANDING IN SMOKE-CAST SCENE PART OF PLANE ON BUILDING FROM CRASH VARIOUS OF PEOPLE HELPING FIRE BRIGADE SPRAY WATER MORE OF CRASHED AIRPLANE ON BUILDING PASSENGERS FROM SCENE ESCAPE SCENE ON LADDER PEOPLE SPRAYING WATER
- Reuters ID: LVABPV5OLG11BRUMHL2WQHT9BBAQ
- Location: Congo, Congo
- Country: Congo, Democratic Republic of
- Duration: 00:00:55
- Topics: Disasters / Accidents / Natural catastrophes
- Story Text: An Antonov cargo plane crashed in a suburb of the Congo Republic city of Pointe-Noire on Monday (March 21), witnesses said, with French RFI radio reporting at least 14 killed.
Witness said the plane had been preparing to land at the airport in the coastal city but then veered out seawards before crashing on several buildings in the Mvou Mvou suburb.
In 2009 a similar Antonov cargo plane crashed in countryside just outside Brazzaville, killing its crew.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th April 2011 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None