- Title: INDONESIA: Families view remains of Russia plane crash victims in Indonesia.
- Date: 23rd May 2012
- Summary: JAKARTA, INDONESIA (MAY 22, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF POLICE HOSPITAL FAMILIES AND RELATIVES OF VICTIMS GATHERING AT HOSPITAL FAMILIES WAITING TO BE CALLED RELATIVES WAITING (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) BROTHER-IN-LAW OF VICTIM CORNEL SIHOMBING, ANTON HUTABARAT SAYING: "We have received explanation about his condition, they have also handed over the belongings of my brother-in-law. We accept this." SIGN OF 'DVI' (DISASTER VICTIM IDENTIFICATION) TENT COFFINS VARIOUS OF FAMILIES AND RELATIVES PRAYING NEAR COFFINS PHOTOGRAPHERS AND CAMERAMEN TAKING PHOTO VARIOUS OF FAMILIES AND RELATIVES LEAVING THE TENT (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) MOTHER OF VICTIM HENY STEFANI, NUR LEILA SAYING: "I have seen the name of the victims on every coffin. I have found my daughter's coffin. They opened it for me. I have seen her." LEILA HOLDING HER DAUGHTER'S PHOTOGRAPH FOREIGN REPRESENTATIVES ENTERING TENT FOREIGN REPRESENTATIVES LOOKING AT DOCUMENTS PEOPLE LEAVING THE TENT AREA
- Reuters ID: LVA9H78YDR4J3C7G4EMMQSZXFI62
- Location: Indonesia
- Country: Indonesia
- Duration: 00:02:21
- Topics: Disasters,Transport
- Story Text: More than 100 family members of those that died in the Russian plan crash gathered at a police hospital in Jakarta on Tuesday (May 22) to view the remains of their loved ones.
The Russian Sukhoi Superjet 100 crashed during a demonstration flight on May 9, killing all 45 people on board.
"We have received explanation about his condition, they have also handed over the belongings of my brother-in-law. We accept this," said Anton Hutabarat, whose brother-in-law was one of the victims.
Before they saw their relatives' remains, family members were screened by psychologists to judge whether they were mentally prepared.
Nur Lela, mother of a victim, said she has seen the body of her daughter in the coffin.
"I have seen the name of the victims on every coffin. I have found my daughter's coffin. They opened it for me. I have seen her," she said.
Authorities said they will hand over the victims' remains to their families on Wednesday (May 23).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th June 2012 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None