FRANCE-CRASH/ALPS MORNING Search resumes for second Germanwings black box in French AlpsRecord ID: 383597
- Title: FRANCE-CRASH/ALPS MORNING Search resumes for second Germanwings black box in French Alps
- Date: 29th March 2015
- Summary: SEYNE-LES-ALPES, FRANCE (MARCH 29, 2015) (REUTERS) SUN SHINING OVER MOUNTAIN RANGE HELICOPTER FLYING PAST HELICOPTER LANDING RESCUERS GETTING READY DROP ZONE WHERE RESCUE OPERATIONS START FROM HELICOPTER TAKING OFF VARIOUS OF RESCUERS GETTING READY HELICOPTER TAKING OFF TOWARDS MOUNTAIN RANGE MOUNTAIN PEAKS HELICOPTER FLYING PAST VARIOUS OF MOUNTAINS
- Reuters ID: LVAEM4JH8DK8UJH3HYE5KSXTGUH9
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:02:24
- Topics: General
- Story Text: Rescue efforts to try to locate the second black box from the downed Germanwings plane continued in the French Alps on Sunday (March 29), as helicopters flew to and from the remote crash site.
So far investigators have only retrieved the cockpit voice recordings from one of the plane's black boxes, which they say show that the co-pilot, Andreas Lubitz, locked himself alone in the cockpit and caused the airliner to crash.
A chief French investigator said on Saturday (March 28), that it was too early to rule out other explanations for the crash, which killed all 150 people on board.
The second black box contains flight data, which is needed to rule out mechanical problems with the jet.
German authorities said on Friday (March 27), that they had found torn-up sick notes showing that the co-pilot was suffering from an illness that should have grounded him on the day of the tragedy.
Germanwings, the budget airline of the flag carrier Lufthansa, said Lubitz had not submitted any sick notes at the time.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:13th April 2015 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None