FRANCE-CRASH/AUSTRALIAN RELATIVES Relatives of Australian victims in Germanwings crash visit memorialRecord ID: 383602
- Title: FRANCE-CRASH/AUSTRALIAN RELATIVES Relatives of Australian victims in Germanwings crash visit memorial
- Date: 30th March 2015
- Summary: LE VERNET, FRANCE (MARCH 30, 2015) (REUTERS) POLICE VANS IN FRONT OF MEMORIAL RELATIVES OF AUSTRALIAN VICTIMS CAROL AND GREG FRIDAY, MALCOLM CORAM AND HIS DAUGHTERS GEORGINA AND PHILLIPA AT THE MEMORIAL FLAGS OF SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRALIA AND MEXICO FLAGS AND RELATIVES OF VICTIMS RELATIVES OF VICTIMS, HUGGING EACH OTHER IN FRONT OF MEMORIAL MAYOR OF PRADS-HAUTE-BLEONE, BERNARD BERTOLINI HELICOPTER IN THE MOUNTAINS MEMORIAL WITH POLICE VANS AND MOUNTAINS
- Reuters ID: LVA624SZIGUO5G2J9ENDF7MGDAS9
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:01:11
- Topics: General
- Story Text: Relatives of two Australian citizens who died in the crash of a Germanwings Airbus in the French Alps paid their last respects to their loved ones at the crash site memorial in Seyne-les-Alpes on Monday (March 30).
The A320 jet operated by Lufthansa's Germanwings budget airline crashed last week, killing all 150 people on board, including 16 schoolchildren returning from an exchange trip to Spain.
Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop confirmed two Australian citizens had died, a mother and her adult son from the state of Victoria.
The Australian government imposed a requirement on Monday that its airlines have two crew members in the cockpit at all times as a safety precaution following the crash.
Mental illness is believed to have played a part in the Germanwings crash. German authorities said they had found torn-up sick notes showing that co-pilot Andreas Lubitz, 27, who is suspected of deliberately crashing the plane, was suffering from an illness that should have grounded him on the day of the crash.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:14th April 2015 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None