ROMANIA: MEMORIAL SERVICE HELD FOR VICTIMS OF AIRBUS CRASH WHILST INVESTIGATORS CONTINUE SEARCH FOR DEAD.Record ID: 383667
- Title: ROMANIA: MEMORIAL SERVICE HELD FOR VICTIMS OF AIRBUS CRASH WHILST INVESTIGATORS CONTINUE SEARCH FOR DEAD.
- Date: 31st March 1995
- Summary: BUCHAREST AND BALOTESTI, NEAR BUCHAREST, ROMANIA (MARCH 31, 1995 AND APRIL 1-2, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) BUCHAREST, ROMANIA (APRIL 2, 1995)(RTV - ACCESS ALL) 1. GV RELIGIOUS SERVICE AT THE ANGLICAN CHURCH FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN THE AIRBUS CRASH 0.02 2. VARIOUS OF PRIEST READING FROM A LIST WITH NAMES OF THE DECEASED (ENGLISH) /CONGREGATION (6 SHOTS) 0.52 BALOTESTI, NEAR BUCHAREST, ROMANIA (MARCH 31, 1995) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) 3. GV/VARIOUS OF AIRBUS CRASH SITE, INVESTIGATORS SEARCHING DEBRIS/RUBBLE (6 SHOTS) 1.28 BUCHAREST, ROMANIA (APRIL 1, 1995)(RTV - ACCESS ALL) 4. SV TAROM GENERAL MANAGER NICOLAE BRUTARU SAYING THAT ONE FLIGHT RECORDER WAS PARTIALLY DAMAGED WITH A PIECE OF TAPE ABOUT 4 CM LONG BROKEN AND THAT FRENCH TEAM WILL ARRIVE TO DECODE THE tape. (ROMANIAN) 1.48 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Reuters ID: LVACKBY47LECT86AIFLEUTW2HRB
- Location: BALOTESTI, NEAR BUCHAREST AND BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
- Country: Romania
- Duration: 00:01:48
- Story Text: A memorial service for the victims of Friday's Romanian Airbus crash was held on Sunday (April 2) while Belgian and Romanian forensic experts continued to search for the remains of passengers.
The service took place in the Anglican church where the priest read out a list with the names of the deceased.
Forty-nine passengers died in the crash -- 32 Belgians, nine Romanians, three Americans, two Spaniards and one person each from France, the Netherlands and Thailand. The 11-strong Romanian crew, including a security guard, also perished.
The Romanian state airline Tarom allowed its remaining two Airbus 310 aircrafts to resume flights late on Saturday after investigators recovered the two "black box" flightrecorders from the wreckage of the airliner.
"One of the black boxes is partially damaged with a piece of tape about 4 cm long broken," Tarom general manager Nicolae Brutaru told a news conference on Saturday night. He said a French team was on its way to decode the tape.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:15th April 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None