IRAQ: U.S. MILITARY DEPLOYED IN FALLUJAH AT CRASH SITE WHERE A U.S. ARMY HELICOPTER WAS SHOTDOWN/ AT LEAST ONE PERSON IS KILLED AND SEVERAL INJURED AFTER A ROADSIDE BOMB HITS A CIVILIAN BUS NEAR BAQUBARecord ID: 383681
- Title: IRAQ: U.S. MILITARY DEPLOYED IN FALLUJAH AT CRASH SITE WHERE A U.S. ARMY HELICOPTER WAS SHOTDOWN/ AT LEAST ONE PERSON IS KILLED AND SEVERAL INJURED AFTER A ROADSIDE BOMB HITS A CIVILIAN BUS NEAR BAQUBA
- Date: 3rd November 2003
- Summary: (W4) FALLUJAH, 65 KM WEST OF BAGHDAD, IRAQ (NOVEMBER 3, 2003) (REUTERS) 1. LV: U.S. SOLDIERS AT CRASH SITE, HELICOPTER LANDING 0.06 2. SLV'S: U.S SOLDIERS NEAR THE CHINOOK WRECKAGE (2 SHOTS) 0.17 3. SLV: TRUCK CARRYING THE WRECKAGE OF THE CRASHED CHINOOK 0.22 4. SLV: U.S. SOLDIERS AT THE CHINOOK WRECKAGE 0.27 5. VARIOUS OF VEHICLES REMOVING THE WRECKAGE (9 SHOTS) 1.39 6. HELICOPTER FLYING OVER THE CRASH SITE 1.44 (U3) BAQUBA, 40 MILES NORTHEAST OF BAGHDAD (NOVEMBER 3, 2003) (REUTERS) 7. DAMAGED COMMUTER BUS 1.49 8. CU: DAMAGE INSIDE THE BUS 1.53 9. ROAD WHERE THE ATTACK TOOK PLACE 1.58 10. PEOPLE IN THE HOSPITAL CORRIDOR 2.03 11. A DEAD BODY ON THE FLOOR COVERED WITH A SHEET 2.07 12. EXTERIOR OF THE HOSPITAL 2.13 13. WS: DOCTORS AND INJURED MAN INSIDE THE HOSPITAL 2.18 14. MAN WITH INJURIES TO HIS FACE AND BACK (2 SHOTS) 2.31 15. MAN LYING IN A HOSPITAL BED 2.35 16. ANOTHER MAN WITH A HEAD INJURY IN A WHEELCHAIR, BEING WHEELED DOWN THE CORRIDOR 2.46 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA36RQ0QLQVXFM5I9SE5428MLGP
- Location: BAQUBA AND FALLUJAH, IRAQ
- Country: Iraq
- Duration: 00:02:46
- Story Text: A roadside bomb has hit a civilian bus near Baquba
leaving one dead and several injured.
In the Iraqi town of Fallujah, the U.S. military
were deployed at the crash site where a U.S. army
helicopter was shot down on Sunday (November 2).
The U. S. soldiers patrolled the site, loaded the
wreckage onto vehicles, retrieved evidence and cordoned off
the area on Monday (November 3).
The Chinook helicopter carrying dozens of soldiers was
shot down on Sunday in farmland at 9 a.m. (1 a.m. EST) near
the village of Baisa, south of Fallujah, killing 16 and
wounding 21 in the deadliest strike against U.S. forces
since they invaded Iraq in March.
Early on Monday, 18 of the wounded arrived at the U.S.
Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany. An army spokeswoman in
Baghdad said some would be treated at Landstuhl Hospital
near the base.
The helicopter attack brought to at least 136 the
number of U.S. soldiers who have died in hostilities in
Iraq in the past six months, since U.S. President George W.
Bush declared an end to hostilities.
On Monday morning in Baquba town, northeast of Baghdad,
one Iraqi man was killed and seven people were wounded when
a roadside bomb hit their bus just after a convoy carrying
members of Iraq's civilian defence force drove by,
The wounded were taken to a a nearby hospital to be
treated for various injuries.
The attack was the second in two days in the area. A
roadside bomb exploded on Sunday as a U.S. convoy passed,
hitting a bus carrying university students and wounding two
Attacks have become frequent in the town, where the
U.S. military has four compounds. Most of the assaults are
directed at the larger camps at the edge of town, across a
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:18th November 2003 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None