FRANCE: REPORT IS ISSUED ON THE INVESTIGATION INTO THE CRASH OF CONCORDE BY FRANCE'S AIR ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION BUREAU (BEA)Record ID: 383709
- Title: FRANCE: REPORT IS ISSUED ON THE INVESTIGATION INTO THE CRASH OF CONCORDE BY FRANCE'S AIR ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION BUREAU (BEA)
- Date: 1st September 2000
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (AUGUST 31, 2000) (REUTERS TV) 1. SLV NEWSROOM WITH REPORTER READING REPORT ON THE BEA WEBSITE 0.05 2. SCU COMPUTER SCREEN DISPLAYING PRELIMINARY REPORT ZOOM IN CU 0.13 3. SCU REPORT WITH SCHEME OR CONCORDE, FIGURES, GRAPHICS AND PICTURES OF THE PIECE OF TYRE 0.40 FILE - AUGUST 16, 2000 (REUTERS) 4. MV /SLV CONCORDE IN HANGAR; SCU OF WHEEL (4 SHOTS) 0.54 FILE PICTURES (JULY 25, 2000) (REUTERS) 5. SLV EMERGENCY WORKERS HOSING SMOULDERING WRECK AT CRASH SITE/ SLV WRECKAGE/ SLV FIRE ENGINE HOSING SMOULDERING WRECKAGE; SLV CONES BORDERING WRECKAGE; LV SMOKE RISING FROM CRASH SITE (6 SHOTS) 1.20 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA5SMV4FI9AL68NAE83X1S628GE
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:01:21
- Story Text: A report on the Air France Concorde crash was issued
on Thursday night (August 31) by the BEA, listing on Internet
all the facts established so far but without any conclusion as
the probe is continuing and some points might still change.
The Air France Concorde crashed in flames shortly after
take-off from Paris Roissy Charle de Gaulle airport on July
25, killing all 109 on board and four people on the ground.
The British and French air safety authorities suspended
Concordes certificate of airworthiness earlier this month
after investigators reported that a chunk of rubber from a
burst tyre probably brought down the plane.
France and England said Concorde would remain grounded
until the risk of catastrophe from tyre blowouts was
Only 12 Concordes remain in service worldwide.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:16th September 2000 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None