GERMANY: RESCUE WORKERS CONTINUE REMOVING WRECKAGE FROM CRASH SITE OF TWO PLANES INVOLVED IN MID AIR COLLISION OVER BRACHENREUTER IN WHICH 71 PEOPLE DIEDRecord ID: 383713
- Title: GERMANY: RESCUE WORKERS CONTINUE REMOVING WRECKAGE FROM CRASH SITE OF TWO PLANES INVOLVED IN MID AIR COLLISION OVER BRACHENREUTER IN WHICH 71 PEOPLE DIED
- Date: 6th July 2002
- Summary: (U5) BRACHENREUTER, GERMANY (JULY 6, 2002)(REUTERS) 1. SV: RESCUE WORKERS/FIRE CREW CARRYING WRECKAGE AWAY FROM CRASH SITE; CRANE LIFTING WING SECTION OF AIRPLANE WRECKAGE / PULL OUT TO MORE WORKERS CLEARING WRECKAGE; WHEELS OF AIRPLANE UNDERCARRIAGE BEING LIFTED BY CRANE (3 SHOTS) 0.45 2. SV: CRASH INVESTIGATION PHOTOGRAPHERS 0.50 3. PUSH IN/SLV: WHEELS OF UNDERCARRIAGE BEING PLACED ONTO BACK OF TRUCK; MORE OF WING SECTION OF AIRPLANE WRECKAGE BEING LIFTED BY CRANE; SCU CRANE OPERATOR (3 SHOTS) 1.30 4. WS/MV/SV: WING SECTION OF AIRPLANE WRECKAGE IS PLACED ONTO BACK OF TRUCK, ASSISTED BY RESCUE WORKERS; RESCUE WORKERS SEATED NEXT TO WRECKAGE (3 SHOTS) 2.06 (U5) UEBERLINGEN, GERMANY (JULY 6, 2002) (REUTERS) 5. VARIOUS: PEOPLE WALKING IN STREET / PAN UP TO GERMAN FLAG WITH BLACK CLOTH ATTACHED TO IT IN HONOUR OF AIRPLANE CRASH VICTIMS; PAN ACROSS MARKET PLACE TO FLORAL TRIBUTES PLACED NEAR FOUNTAIN; CLOSE UP CANDLE AND FLOWER AT MEMORIAL; WOMAN AND CHILD LIGHT CANDLES; GIRLS PLACING FLOWERS IN FOUNTAIN; SCU HANDMADE POSTER OF CONDOLENCES (6 SHOTS) 2.54 6. ZOOM IN: POLICE HELICOPTER FLYING OVERHEAD 3.10 (U5) BRACHENREUTER, GERMANY (JULY 6, 2002)(REUTERS) 7. PAN ACROSS SITE WHERE MAJORITY OF BODIES WERE FOUND AFTER AIRPLANE CRASH / SEVERAL WREATHS PLACED AT THE SITE; SCU FLOWERS LAID AS PART OF MEMORIAL; WIDE VIEW MEMORIAL WREATHS (3 SHOTS) 3.38 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA8M7HZS0MBO6WT59DS6IIEFMN9
- Location: UEBERLINGEN AND BRACHENREUTER, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Duration: 00:03:38
- Story Text: Rescue workers have continued the difficult task of
removing the wreckage from the midair collision between a
Bashkirian Airlines Tupolev 154 and a DHL Boeing 757 cargo
plane in which 71 people died.
A large crane and a number of earth moving vehicles
were utilised on Saturday (July 6, 2002) to remove airplane wreckage
after a collision on Monday (July 1) between a Bashkirian
Airlines Tupolev 154 carrying 52 Russian children heading for
a Spanish holiday and a DHL Boeing 757 cargo plane.
Large sections of an airplane wing and undercarriage were
removed from Brachenreuter in Germany as crash investigators
documented the scene, photographing each section as it was
removed from the site.
At the crash site north of the popular tourist site of
Lake Constance, about 400 rescue officials searched for the
last two bodies. Police have said 10 bodies had been
identified so far.
The people of Ueberlingen continued to pay tributes to the
dead, laying flowers and lighting candles around the fountain
in the main square of the town.
At the town hall, a black ribbon was added to the German
national flag as a mark of respect for those who died in
Monday's air disaster.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:21st July 2002 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None