- Title: AUSTRIA: BRITISH CASUALTIES IN BUS CRASH AT HALLEIN.
- Date: 11th August 2004
- Summary: (W4) HALLEIN, SALZBURG, AUSTRIA (AUGUST 11, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. WS: NEWS CONFERENCE. 0.03 2. SIDESHOT KLAUS AIGNER, REGIONAL GOVERNOR OF HALLEIN, SPEAKING. 0.08 3. SCU: (SOUNDBITE) (German) KLAUS AIGNER, REGIONAL GOVERNOR OF HALLEIN, CHIEF IN CHARGE ON CRASH SITE, SAYING: "Already during the crash many people were catapulted out of the bus and were severly injured or even killed by that. Some people were trapped in the bus and could only be rescued either wounded or even dead." 0.30 4. CUTAWAY JOURNALISTS. (2 SHOTS) 0.41 5. SCU: (SOUNDBITE) (German) AIGNER SAYING: "The result of the investigation is as follows: a minivan - also going downwards - tried to overtake the coach. During that overtaking manoeuvre the driver noticed a car coming towards him. The driver of the coach also saw this and tried to move to the right as far as he could and in doing that he slipped over the edge of the street." 1.27 6. WS: NEWS CONFERENCE. 1.33 7. WS: MEDIA. PAN / TO NEWS CONFERENCE. 1.42 8. SCU: (SOUNDBITE) (English) PIERCE BAKER, CONSUL GENERAL OF BRIT EMB, VIENNA "I'm here with a team of the British embassy in Vienna to help the Austrian authorities to establish the identities of the British casualties and those who had been killed, and to offer any other help - that we can - both to the Austrian authorities and in particular to the British people who are in hospital, and also we will be meeting this afternoon with the families of some of those involved if they choose to travel to Salzburg at this time to help tyhem to make contact with their family member here." 2.27 9. WS: NEWS CONFERENCE. 2.33 (W3) HALLEIN, SALZBURG, AUSTRIA (AUGUST 11, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 10. WS: SIGN OIL ON ROAD. 2.36 11. WS: ROAD AND PAN TO MEADOW WHERE BUS PLUNGED. 2.46 12. VARIOUSWS/CU: OF GLASS ON GROUND. (2 SHOTS) 2.55 13. WS: CRASH SITE. 3.01 14. CU: SAFETY BELT ON GROUND. 3.05 15. WS: GLASS ON CRASH SITE. 3.10 16. WS: PEOPLE PICKING UP DEBRIS. 3.16 17. WS: STREET OF CRASH SITE. 3.22 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVA7X1BXJQ02JCSQHWGFMH4G75VF
- Location: HALLEIN, SALZBURG, AUSTRIA
- Country: Austria
- Duration: 00:03:28
- Story Text: Five Britons confirmed killed in Austria bus crash.
++SHOTLIST ONLY. FULL SCRIPT TO FOLLOW++
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:26th August 2004 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None