- Title: PAKISTAN: EIGHT DIE IN TRAIN CRASH IN SINDH PROVINCE
- Date: 9th January 2001
- Summary: KOTRI, PAKISTAN (JANUARY 9, 2001) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1. VARIOUS OF WRECKAGE OF TRAIN, CARRIAGES LYING ON THEIR SIDES (3 SHOTS) 0.19 2. SCU WHEEL AND CHASSIS UPENDED 0.26 3. MV CARRIAGE BEING PULLED BY ALONG TRACK 0.36 4. SLV PEOPLE DIGGING OUT SLEEPER 0.44 5. SMV LEEPER BEING CARRIED 0.48 6. SV AMBULANCE LEAVING SCENE 0.54 7. SV MAN CRYING 1.01 8. SCU EXTERIOR TALUKA HOSPITAL, SIGN READING "CAUSUALITY" (sic) 1.07 9. MV/CU DEAD LAID OUT IN MORGUE (3 SHOTS) 1.28 10. TOP VIEW GROUP OF PEOPLE IN HOSPITAL WARD 1.40 11. TRACK WOMAN BEING CARRIED ON STRETCHER 1.51 12. SV INJURED MAN LYING ON BED 1.58 13. TOP VIEW WRAPPED DEAD BODY BEING CARRIED FROM MORGUE TO VEHICLE 2.18 14. TOP VIEW GRIEVING MEN FOLLOWING 2.25 Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Reuters ID: LVAA1XDLT071VI567FLNHQXT0I1P
- Location: KOTRI, PAKISTAN
- Country: Pakistan
- Duration: 00:02:26
- Story Text: Eight people have died in a train crash in Pakistan.
The cause of the accident is not yet known.
At least eight people were killed and about 100
injured in a train accident in Pakistan's southern Sindh
province on Tuesday (January 9), rescue workers and hospital
They said three carriages of an express train were
derailed near the town of Kotri, 100 km (62 miles) north of
the port city of Karachi. The cause of the accident was not
Edhi ambulance workers told Reuters from the scene of the
accident that at least eight people were killed and 100
injured when the carriages derailed at about 9:30 a.m. (0430
Hospitals in the nearby city of Hyderabad said they had
received eight dead bodies and admitted for treatment 46
injured people. Rescue workers said they were trying to
recover more people trapped in the wrecked carriages.
The Khushal Khan Khattak Express train was travelling to
Karachi, the capital of Sindh province from Peshawar, the
capital of North West Frontier Province.
Pakistan Railways officials said they would have more
details about the accident after getting a report from their
officers who had been rushed to the spot from Karachi.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:24th January 2001 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None