- Title: USA: Chart topping rapper Mims releases his new album, 'Guilt'
- Date: 8th April 2009
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA (APRIL 6, 2009) (REUTERS) SOUNDBITE (English) MIMS SAYING: ""My Sophomore album is called "Guilt" and my maturity level is raised. One I am getting older and you tend to think of things a bit more differently as you get older. And two is I just became a bit more conscious of what the world was going through."
- Reuters ID: LVAD6ULA3TKWGPY51YHSNXLJHVAL
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:22
- Story Text: New York rapper Mims releases his sophomore album, "Guilt"
hot on the heels of his chart topping single, "This is Why I'm Hot."
The surprise smash, released in 2006, took Mims to straight to the top of the U.S. Billboard pop charts, Now with his second album. Mims tone is more aware and mature, with strong rock and hip hop tones.
Says Mims, "My Sophomore album is called "Guilt" and my maturity level is raised. One I am getting older and you tend to think of things a bit more differently as you get older. And two is I just became a bit more conscious of what the world was going through."
With 'Guilt' Mims shows an evolution as a song writer. He credits his musical career to the choices he made early in life .
Says Mims, "My mom passed away when I was thirteen years old. I think at that point, obviously what people consider a very tragic childhood.
At that point, I was faced with a decision. Either I was going to become another statistic or I was going to be the person to was going to be the person to over come all this tragedy. So that's what I am here to spread. I was able to take that negative energy and turn it into something positive. I got involved in music and that kept me out of a lot of trouble."
Hot off the album release, Mims is all set to head out on a global tour, with dates planned in North America, Europe and Asia in mid 2009.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:23rd April 2009 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None