UNITED STATES: WARNER BROTHERS PREMIERS NEW FAMILY-ADVENTURE FILM 'THE AMAZING PANDA ADVENTURE'Record ID: 384906
- Title: UNITED STATES: WARNER BROTHERS PREMIERS NEW FAMILY-ADVENTURE FILM 'THE AMAZING PANDA ADVENTURE'
- Date: 21st October 1994
- Summary: (BURBANK, CALIFORNIA. USA) (AUGUST 20, 1995) (REUTERS TELEVISION - AVAILABLE ALL) (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) CHRISTIAN SLATER, BROTHER OF FILM'S STAR RYAN SLATER, AT PREMIERE EXTERIOR VIEW OF MOVIE THEATRE AT WARNER STUDIOS CHILD ACTRESS MARA WILSON AT PREMIERE FILM'S CO-STAR YI DING POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS YI DING TALKING ABOUT WORKING IN CHINA, SAYING THAT SOME MEMBERS OF THE CAST FOUND IT DIFFICULT BUT SHE DIDN'T RYAN SLATER POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS RYAN SLATER EXPLAINING THE FILM'S PLOT DIRECTOR CHRIS CAIN SAYING THAT HE HAS ALWAYS WANTED TO DO A FAMILY FILM ACTORS DEAN CAIN AND MARK HAMILL AT PREMIERE VIEW OF PARTY AT PREMIERE TOY PANDA BEAR
- Reuters ID: LVAD0D0KFC533XOIQSRUJUIFO74Y
- Location: BURBANK, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/JIUZHAIGOU PROVINCE, CHINA
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:02:20
- Story Text: Warner Brothers premiered its new family-adventure film, "The Amazing Panda Adventure" on Sunday (August 20) at the Warner Studios in Burbank.
On hand from the cast and crew were Ryan Slater, Yi Ding and Director Chris Cain.
"The Amazing Panda Adventure" is the story of an American boy (Ryan Slater) and a Chinese girl (Yi Ding) who trek through the mountainous jungles of China to find and rescue a stolen baby panda.
The film was shoot entirely in the Chinese province of Jiuzhaigou under very harsh conditions.
Ryan Slater, brother of actor Christian Slater, has appeared in five films in three years. "The Amazing Panda Adventure" marks his first starring role in a major motion picture, a role he won over 300 other aspirants.
Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars Trilogy, American television actor Dean Cain and Mara Wilson were on hand for the industry screening.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:5th November 1994 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None