USA: Stars shine at pre-Oscar bash to to raise funds and awareness for Green issuesRecord ID: 385005
- Title: USA: Stars shine at pre-Oscar bash to to raise funds and awareness for Green issues
- Date: 20th February 2009
- Summary: LADY VICTORIA HERVEY ON THE ARRIVAL LINE TIA CARRERA ON THE ARRIVAL LINE GAVIN ROSSDALE (SOUNDBITE) (English) GAVIN ROSSDALE ON BEING GREEN, SAYING: "Just the regular stuff that regular people do, recycling, light bulbs, and trying to figure out the right hybrid. Still driving the same bad car. So, I feel bad, but I'm going to get better I promise. WIDE SHOT OF CROWD INTERIOR PARTYGOERS PAN OF CLUB
- Reuters ID: LVA89PFO21PRHDG6BH181LWS81Q5
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:44
- Topics: Entertainment
- Story Text: Singers Sheryl Crow and Gavin Rossdale headlined Global Green's 6th annual pre-Oscar party Thursday night (February 19, 2009) in Los Angeles. Many of the stars arrived at the eco-friendly event in electric and hybrid cars instead of gas-guzzling limousines, prior to gracing the "green carpet."
The event is celebrating the launch of Global Green's "National Green Schools" initiative, utilizing the annual event to draw attention to the critical need to build and modernize all of our schools green.
"I drive hybrids and my farm runs on all bio diesel," Crow told Reuters on her "green" commitment. "I have solar panels.
We organic farm and we are trying to be completely self-sustaining. It's not about doing everything , it is about doing something."
Co-headliner Gavin Rossdale says he's trying to do his part to make the world a better place.
"Just the regular stuff that regular people do, recycling, light bulbs, and trying to figure out the right hybrid," said Rossdale.
"Still driving the same bad car. So, I feel bad, but I'm going to get better I promise."
The 81th Annual Academy Awards will take place and be broadcast live from the Kodak Theater in Hollywood on Sunday, February 22, 2009.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:7th March 2009 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None