- Title: VARIOUS: Aniston and Wilson star in new comedy, "Marley & Me."
- Date: 24th December 2008
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (RECENT) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) JENNIFER ANISTON AND OWEN WILSON ON THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE TWO, SAYING: ANISTON: "It was really fun, we just kind of instantly, it was really easy kind of back and forth. WILSON: "You know what the word is? ANISTON: "Chemistry." WILSON: "Chemistry."
- Reuters ID: LVA55R08DQXX93JS6KZG9REHRI6C
- Duration: 00:00:14
- Story Text: Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson share the silver screen with yellow Labrador Retriever in "Marley & Me."
Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson star in the upcoming comedy, "Marley & Me." The movie is about a family's amazingly untrained yellow Labrador. As the family grows, Marley does too and in the process consumes sofas, eats dry-wall, drinks from toilets, overturns garbage and basically breaks everything in his path. Aniston and Wilson though say the hard part was trying to keep from getting too attached to the 22 dogs and puppies that played the Marley character.
"I will tell you, it was like, it was like, you know what it really was like doing a war movie where you didn't want to get to close to these dogs because you knew the next day they would be gone. Like the puppies, they were aging so fast. The one we really did bond with was Clyde, who plays the main Marley," explained Wilson.
While dog lovers will be drawn to "Marley & Me," the film is also about the challenges of marriage or the balancing act between career and family, something Aniston and Wilson told Reuters they had fun with.
"It was really fun, we just kind of instantly, it was really easy kind of back and forth," said Aniston.
"You know what the word is?" teased Wilson.
"Chemistry," joked Aniston.
The canine hero in "Marley & Me" bears scant resemblance to Rin Tin Tin, Lassie or Old Yeller. He is, in fact, "the world's worst dog." Of course, he's just as lovable as the best ones.
"Marley & Me" opens Christmas day.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:8th January 2009 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None