- Title: USA: Jonas Brothers to release 3D concert film of Summer tour
- Date: 21st February 2009
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) (SOUNDBITE) (English) NICK JONAS SAYING: "I think for us we saw and were a part of the Miley 3D, and watched that and thought 'You know, we could probably do something really cool with this as well.' Designed our stage for our summer tour and it worked out perfectly for 3D. And we put it together with our team and really loved the way that it came out."
- Reuters ID: LVA1Q2HZCLN1W73P9BKM3H9DYWF6
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:17
- Story Text: "Jonas Brothers: 3D" follows in the footsteps of Disney's 2008 3D concert entry, the "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour." That film went on to become the top-grossing concert film of all time at the U.S. box office, earning $65.2 million.
The film shows the Jonas Brothers during their Burning Up Concert Tour. It features concert performances, as well as documentary footage on the lives of the three brothers. This film will also feature a previously unreleased song called "Love is on it's Way", and "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!", a cover of Shania Twain's song.
Nick Jonas talked about what they learned from Miley Cyrus' film.
"I think for us we saw and were a part of the Miley 3D, and watched that and thought 'You know, we could probably do something really cool with this as well.' Designed our stage for our summer tour and it worked out perfectly for 3D. And we put it together with our team and really loved the way that it came out," said Nick.
The film's soundtrack will be released on February 24th, three days before the film's theatrical release. The film will be released on February 27, 2009.
Disney and Imax have agreed to add dozens of giant 3-D screens to the February 27 wide release of "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience." That means there should be upward of 1,100 3-D venues playing the latest teens-and-tweens concert film, including 55 Imax venues.
All the "Jonas" playdates are being promoted as "one week only" engagements, though success in the non-Imax venues could spur Disney to add an additional week to the picture's run.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:8th March 2009 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None