- Title: USA: J.K. Rowling 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard" original unveiled
- Date: 4th December 2008
- Summary: VARIOUS OF "THE TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD" BOOK (SOUNDBITE) (English) LEVINE SAYING: "This is a book that grows out of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Its a crucial part of how Harry solves the mystery and now readers get to read the book for themselves." VARIOUS OF "THE TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD" BOOK (2 SHOTS)
- Reuters ID: LVA63LXQKC3YQETULZOZ16N268AS
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:45
- Topics: Entertainment
- Story Text: A rare, hand written copy of J.K. Rowling's book 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard" is unveiled at the New York Public Library.
One of seven original copies of
"The Tales of Beedle the Bard," complete with illustrations and bound in Moroccan leather with mounted moonstones is unveiled in Manhattan.
The book 's display co-incides with the international publication of Rowling's book of the same name.
Arthur Levine, co-editor of Scholastic and personal friend of J.K.
Rowling, was gifted the book by the author,
"J. K. Rowling, after the publication of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" she made seven hand written copies of the book and she gave six to people who she cared about and who had been instrumental in the publishing of Harry Potter."
The original copy is 157 pages and embellished with five hand chased hallmarked sterling silver ornaments. It represents a chance for avid Harry Potter fans to view the interior and exterior of an original work by Rowling Said Levine, "This is a book that grows out of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Its a crucial part of how Harry solves the mystery and now readers get to read the book for themselves."
"The Tales of Beedle the Bard," is a classic which came alive for Harry Potter fans in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
The book is on display for an entire month at the New York Public Library, starting December 4th.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:19th December 2008 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None