- Title: UNITED STATES: PARAMOUNT STUDIOS PREPARE INTERACTIVE STAR TREK CD-ROM
- Date: 6th June 1995
- Summary: HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (RECENT) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) EXTERIOR OF PARAMOUNT STAGE 2 SLATE FOR KLINGON CD-ROM VARIOUS SHOTS OF STAGE SET-UPS DIRECTOR JONATHAN FRAKES VIEWING MONITOR CLOSE-UP OF MONITOR SHOT OF SOUND ENGINEER KLINGONS ACTING IN SCENE (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) DIRECTOR JONATHAN FRAKES SAYING ITS HIS FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH DIRECTING CD-ROM KLINGONS ON SET FRAKES DIRECTING SCENE (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) PRODUCER KEITH HALPER SAYING WE ARE TRYING TO GIVE FANS A TASTE OF EVERYTHING KLINGON, AND THE BEST WAY TO DO THAT IS TO ALLOW THEM TO BE KLINGON
- Reuters ID: LVA931OVKI8ZMBW0IT1W9EEBHUF0
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:02:08
- Topics: Entertainment
- Story Text: Star Trek fans will be able to journey into the realm of the feared Klingons with a new interactive CD-Rom.
"Star Trek Klingon" is now under production at the Paramount Studios in Los Angeles. Its directed by Jonathan Frakes, who played Commander William T. Riker in the hit television series "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Star Trek Klingon is the third Star Trek interactive multimedia title from Simon & Schuster Interactive. The first, "Star Trek: The Next Generation Interactive Technical Manual", is among the top-selling CD-ROMs in the United States. It takes viewers on an interactive tour of the Starship Enterprise.
Simon & Schuster Interactive Producer Keith Halper said they felt the best way to give Star Trek Fans a taste of Klingon life was to allow them to be a Klingon.
The Star Trek Klingon CD-ROM should begin appearing in stores in November.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:21st June 1995 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None