FRANCE: Kanye West and Catherine Deneuve attend Christian Lacroix fashion show in ParisRecord ID: 385145
- Title: FRANCE: Kanye West and Catherine Deneuve attend Christian Lacroix fashion show in Paris
- Date: 30th January 2009
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (JANUARY 27, 2009) (REUTERS) (CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY) PEOPLE WAITING AT CHRISTIAN LACROIX FASHION SHOW VARIOUS OF ACTRESS CATHERINE DENEUVE AND SINGER KANYE WEST WAITING VARIOUS OF MODEL IN A BLACK DRESS WITH A BIG PINK BOW MODEL IN A GREEN DRESS WITH A BLUE BLAZER MODEL IN A SHORT SEQUINNED DRESS MODEL INA TROUSER SUIT MODEL IN A WHITE DRESS WITH FLOWER DETAIL VARIOUS OF MODEL IN A DRESS WITH RUFFLES AND FLOWER PATTERNS VARIOUS OF MODEL IN A DRESS WITH BEADS DENEUVE WATCHING MODEL IN A FLOWERY DRESS MODEL IN AN ETHNIC DESIGN MODEL IN A BRIDE DRESS AS GUESTS CLAP DESIGNER CHRISTIAN LACROIX COMES OUT AS GUESTS CLAP AND THROW FLOWERS VARIOUS OF LACROIX GREETING PEOPLE AND WAVING
- Reuters ID: LVA8KJUI017I1KL091MTW8XLURSQ
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Duration: 00:02:41
- Topics: Entertainment
- Story Text: At the Christian Lacroix show at the Paris Fashion Week, dreamy exuberance and sumptuous materials defy the financial gloom.
Haute couturiers are prescribing elegance as a cure for boomtime excesses at a Paris fashion Week crammed with celebrities and wealthy clients.
Christian Lacroix preferred to ignore the economic crisis on Tuesday (January 27) with a fairytale display of frothy tulle dresses and embroidered taffeta coats in a variety of dreamy styles.
Fashion houses might have cut back on marketing, putting on fewer shows, hiring fewer models or scrimping on parties, but it is next to impossible to economise on haute couture, the most extravagant form of advertising for luxury firms, where hand-beaded, embroidered gowns cost upwards of 30,000 euros.
Ruffled polka-dot dresses, embroidered corsets and puffball skirts, red and pink clouds of tulle floated past an enthusiastic audience at the Pompidou Centre that included the French icon Catherine Deneuve and rapper Kanye West.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:14th February 2009 12:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None