- Title: RUSSIA: Semi-final winners complete Eurovision's final line-up
- Date: 16th May 2009
- Summary: NORWAY ENTRY SINGER, ALEXANDER RYBAK, STANDING AS AUDIENCE AND OTHER COMPETITORS SING ' HAPPY BIRTHDAY' MOLDOVA ENTRY SINGER NELLY CIOBANU LISTENING UKRAINE ENTRY SINGER SVETLANA LOBODA SMILING DURING NEWS CONFERENCE UKRAINIAN FANS WAVING FLAGS AND CHEERING / AZERI FANS WAVING FLAGS DANISH FAN WAVING FLAG AZERI FANS WAVING FLAGS AZERI FAN SINGING EUROVISION SONG FANS WAVING FLAGS IN AUDIENCE DURING NEWS CONFERENCE
- Reuters ID: LVA2H0IQAUSQPVX2MLSHAC5M6TAU
- Duration: 00:01:11
- Topics: Entertainment
- Story Text: Winners in the second semi-final round of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, shared their thoughts and feelings at the after-show news conference in the early hours of Friday (May 15).
Contestants drew lots for their places in the running order of the final which takes place on Saturday (May 16).
In a news conference at the Olimpiysky Indoor Arena, held immediately after the show, Lithuanian singer Sasha Son thanked his supporters.
"I obviously want to thank my country and everyone that supported me. It's very important to me and I think it's very important to me and to my country, what I have achieved tonight," he said.
Greek singer, Sakis Rouvas delighted fans at the briefing with an 'a capella' rendition of his entry 'This is our Night'.
Azeri singer, Ayzel took the opportunity to give her co-star a present in front of the world's media - a pendant she said would give him power and victory.
"Arash gave me some present a few days ago and now I want to give some present for him, it's a symbol of power and victory and Arash this is for you, keep it, this is from me to you, I love you very much and thank you for everything, you've been great," she said.
Azeri fans were amongst the most vocal in the audience at the briefing, waving national flags and cheering loudly.
Norwegian entry singer Alexander Rybak, widely tipped to win this year's contest, celebrated his 23rd birthday on Wednesday (May 13).
Journalists, fellow-contestants and fans sang 'Happy Birthday' at the briefing.
The running order for the Final of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest is as follows:
12. Bosnia and Herzegovina
23. United Kingdom
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:31st May 2009 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.