- Title: USA: 'TIN CUP', STARRING KEVIN COSTNER, PREMIERES IN L.A.
- Date: 1st August 1996
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (AUGUST 1, 1996)(RTV - ACCESS ALL) ( ** BEWARE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **) EXTERIOR OF THEATER WHERE PREMIERE WAS HELD PRESS GATHER ALONG "GREEN" CARPET AT PREMIERE PAPARAZZI PHOTOGRAPHERS TAKES PICTURES WOMAN WITH A GOLF BALL HANGING FROM HER DRESS KEVIN COSTNER ARRIVING WITH HIS CHILDREN RENE RUSSO HUGS KEVIN COSTNER KEVIN COSTNER SAYS EVERYONE WHO PLAYS GOLF THINKS THEY'RE AN EXPERT (ENGLISH) CHEECH MARIN ARRIVES AT PREMIERE AT WAVES TO THE CAMERA
- Embargoed: 16th August 1996 13:00
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA2GA8RO6GA20GRS106YCEM4IQX
- Story Text: Warner Brothers held the premiere of its latest big budget summer film "Tin Cup" on Thursday (August 1) in Los Angeles, California.
The film's stars Kevin Costner, Rene Russo, Don Johnson and Cheech Marin were among the celebrities to attend the gala.
The studio swapped the traditional red carpet for a green one in keeping with the film's golf theme.
Costner plays Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy, a driving range pro and golf hustler from a small west Texas town whose legendary ball-striking skills are matched only by his self-destructive nature and lowlife charm.
"Tin Cup" follows Roy and his best friend Romeo Posar's (Cheech Marin) escapades once Roy decides to become respectable for a woman (Rene Russo). In doing so, he sets out for the U.S. Open, which pits him against his long time rival David Simms (Don Johnson).
The film opens in the UK in October.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None