USA: CHRISTOPHER REEVE MAKES HIS DIRECTORIAL DEBUT WITH 'IN THE GLOAMING' AND RECEIVES A STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAMERecord ID: 386918
- Title: USA: CHRISTOPHER REEVE MAKES HIS DIRECTORIAL DEBUT WITH 'IN THE GLOAMING' AND RECEIVES A STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME
- Date: 14th April 1997
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 14, 1997) (RTV - ACCESS ALL) CELEBRITIES ARRIVING FOR PREMIERE JANE SEYMOUR SPEAKING TO MEDIA SEYMOUR (SOUNDBITE ENGLISH) SAYING MORE THAN ANYTHING HE HAS MORE THAN A WILL TO LIVE, HE HAS A WILL TO CREATE AND INSPIRE...HE IS REALLY INSPIRATIONAL, HE IS SUPERMAN, BOTTOM LINE
- Reuters ID: LVA2XD3KB7ARMD9GHR915VVHAGVL
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Duration: 00:00:31
- Story Text: Christohper Reeve has made his directorial debut with a new cable televison film "In The Gloaming." The film tells the tragic story of a young man afflicted with AIDS who has come home to die.
Reeve and the film's star Glenn Close attended the gala premiere on Monday (April 14) at the Director's Guild in Los Angeles, California.
"In The Gloaming," also stars Bridget Fonda, Whoopi Goldberg, Robert Sean Leonard and David Strathairn.
On Tuesday, hundreds of fans gathered around Reeve as he was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The "Superman" star, paralyzed two years ago in a horseback riding accident, was accompanied by his wife, Dana, and his son, Will.
Will unveiled his father's star watched by about 500 fans.
Jane Seymour, who starred with Reeve in the film "Somewhere in Time," attended the ceremony.
Glenn Close also was there for the star's unveiling. She told the crowd: "I think it's befitting that Christopher is honoured today with a star firmly planted in the earth on this boulevard." Reeve told reporters, "Out of a life changing experience has come a new opportunity. And, I am truly lucky that I am able to do something I love. I haven't lost anything, I have gained alot."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Embargoed:29th April 1997 13:00
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None