- Title: ARGENTINA: TEAMS PREPARE FOR ARGENTINE GRAND PRIX
- Date: 8th April 1997
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA. (APRIL 8, 1997) 1. ENTRANCE TO THE RACE TRACK. 2. MECHANICS IN PITS. 3. MARCELO OTONELLO, SPORTS WRITER, SAYING THAT THAT GENERAL STATE OF THE RACE COURSE IS AT A 10 AND HE EXPECTS THAT SUNDAY'S ACTIVITIES WILL BE THE KIND OF EVENT THAT ARGENTINE RACING DESERVES. 4. MECHANICS WORKING ON CARS. Initials Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.
- Embargoed: 23rd April 1997 13:00
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- Country: Argentina
- Reuters ID: LVABPLWKUALWH5Z8LIGN5C5F42X4
- Story Text: Final touches were being made on Tuesday (April 8) to Buenos Aires' Municipal Oscar Galvez Racing Track ahead of Sunday's (April 13) Formula One Grand Prix.
Workers scrambled to repave race circuit number 6 in order to ensure it meets F1 racing standards. The audience grandstands also got a face lift ahead of the race.
The first practice sessions are on Friday (April 11) and the race, the third of the season. After Australia and Brazil, Williams Canadian driver Jacques Villeneuve and Britain's David Coulthard of McLaren, are level with 10 points at the top of the drivers' championship.
Argentine motor racing journalist Marcelo Otonello said the track was in godd condition and expected the event would give the country the sort of race it deserved.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None