- Title: PARAGUAY: Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov visits Paraguay
- Date: 14th September 2007
- Summary: LAVROV ARRIVING AT PRESIDENTIAL RESIDENCE LAVROV AND PARAGUAYAN PRESIDENT NICANOR DUARTE FRUTOS SITTING DOWN AND MEETING PARAGUAYAN PRESIDENT NICANOR DUARTE SITTING DUARTE AND LAVROV SHAKING HANDS
- Embargoed: 29th September 2007 13:00
- Location: Paraguay
- Country: Paraguay
- Topics: International Relations
- Reuters ID: LVA67I2XQ7E2QKUNLPX8CO8VK2HR
- Story Text: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov met with Paraguayan President Nicanor Duarte on Thursday (September 13) in the capital city of Asuncion.
Lavrov said the meeting was the first official visit of a Russian Foreign Minister to Paraguay, and said he expected to discuss a varied agenda.
"I look forward to discussing practical things: how we can promote trade, economy, investment and our political dialogue, including also humanitarian issues, because quite a number of Russians found their second motherland in Paraguay," he told reporters as he disembarked from the plane.
The visit is his last stop on his three-day South America tour. Lavrov visited Peru on Monday (September 10) and went to neighbouring Uruguay on Wednesday (September 12).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None