- Title: FILE: Eastwood, wife separate
- Date: 10th September 2013
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) CLINT EASTWOOD AND DINA EASTWOOD AT "GRAN TORINO" RED CARPET BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) CLINT EASTWOOD AND DINA EASTWOOD AT 12TH ANNUAL HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL
- Embargoed: 25th September 2013 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA7FTH2YBW0EO2STI9M86OKRH5G
- Story Text: The wife of actor-director Clint Eastwood has filed for legal separation after 17 years of marriage, her attorney said.
Attorney C. Michael McClure said he filed the petition on Monday (September 09) on behalf of Dina Eastwood in Monterey County Superior Court in Northern California.
McClure declined to comment about why Dina Eastwood, a former television journalist, had filed for separation or if she would eventually seek a divorce. The Eastwoods married in 1996.
A representative for Clint Eastwood, 83, was not immediately available for comment.
Eastwood rose to fame as a gunslinger in "spaghetti Westerns" such as "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and as a tough cop in the 1970s "Dirty Harry" movies.
He won best director and best picture Oscars for the 1992 Western "Unforgiven" and the 2004 boxing drama "Million Dollar Baby." His most recent movie was 2012's "Trouble With the Curve."
Eastwood was married to Maggie Johnson for more than 30 years and had a long-term relationship with actress Sondra Locke during the 1970s and 1980s.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None