- Title: BURMA: CHOU EN LAI AT BURMA INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE
- Date: 5th January 1961
- Summary: GV Mounted escort 0.04 BV Motor cycle escort 0.08 LV President arrives 0.12 CU U Nu, Chou arrive 0.15 GV Troops lined up 0.17 LV President speaks 0.22 LV SV & CU Troops parade 0.32 SV Saluting 0.35 SV Sailors parade 0.39 SV Chou & President 0.42 LD SV & LD Girls parade 0.53 SV President, officials 0.56 SV Girl student parade 1.01 SV Men with banners 1.06 SV Men in coolie hats 1.08 LV Girls with banners 1.12 BV President salutes 1.16 GV Parade 1.20 Initials BHR/V/JH/EHR Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Embargoed: 20th January 1961 12:00
- Location: RANGOON BURMA
- Country: Burma (Myanmar)
- Reuters ID: LVA8R7ZSHZMSAXXJHKEGA3GK3F2P
- Story Text: Communist Chinese Premier Chou en-Lai on a seven-day goodwill visit to Burma watched the 13th independence anniversary parade in Rangoon, Jan 4.
With him was Burmese Premier U Nu, Ministers of his Cabinet an Leaders of all political parties. With Mr. Chou en-Lai was a delegation of 47 members, including foreign Minister, Marshal Chen Yi.
The parade included soldiers and sailors, colourful civilian organization and schoolgirls from Catholic and Government schools.
The Communist-Chinese visiting delegation is the ninth to come to burma in 12 days. This visit will mark final agreement on the Sino-Burmese bounday treaty.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2015. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None