- Title: Tillerson meets with Tunisian Foreign Minister in Washington
- Date: 13th March 2017
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (MARCH 13, 2017) (STATE TV) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE REX TILLERSON STANDING WITH TUNISIAN FOREIGN MINISTER KHEMAIES JHINAOUI TILLERSON AND JHINAOUI SHAKE HANDS AND POSE FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
- Embargoed: 27th March 2017 15:31
- Keywords: Rex Tillerson Tunisia U.S. Tillerson photo op
- Location: WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON D.C., UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00167SNEBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met with Tunisian Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui at the State Department in Washington on Monday (March 13).
The North African country's stability as well as regional security, are expected to top discussions between Tillerson and Jhinaoui.
Since its pro-democracy uprising in 2011, Tunisia has been backed by foreign partners and multilateral lenders keen to see the new democracy succeed. But economic reforms have lagged behind political changes.
As part of a deal with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to keep Tunisia from economic collapse, the government has pledged cut up to 10,000 public sector jobs this year.
- Copyright Holder: STATE DEPARTMENT TV
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None